Monday, October 02, 2006

New 24" iMac


Ok, ok I said I would be posting more on my blog but I failed; I admit it. But big news today! Our new 24 inch iMac has arrived. I'll run through the specs first: 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GBs of RAM, 250GB hard drive, 24 inch display (which is also a lot brighter than the old G4 iMac), and Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

Well the first thing is this thing is absolutely enormous! Especially coming from a 1024 by 768 15" iMac. ;-) Quite a change. The screen is also really, really bright. A bit too much so for my taste. I have it on about one quarter of full brightness now. Performance seems pretty good. Even Photoshop Elements is really fast under Rosetta. Of course, I'm comparing to a super slow 700MGhz G4 Mac. Hmmmm. What was I saying? I just took a break to help my mom set up her shiny new 2GB iPod nano. Oh well. Oh, now I remember! Front Row! Front Row is really cool. It works great. It's really nice to be able to control iTunes with the remote control. Something you may not have known: you can use the Apple Remote outside of Front Row with for example iTunes or iPhoto slideshows. Well that's about it. I've uploaded some pictures to Flickr: take a look at them here http://www.flickr.com/photos/graeme_smith/sets/72157594309085331/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home